I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I joined back in 1964 after a long struggle with faith. I had loved the Savior ever since I could remember, but the church of my youth deserted me as it moved into the intellect movement of the 60's. Without spiritual guidance, I fell away. The Lord distinguished between the words of my mouth and the longing of my heart. He knew that I wanted to believe and so he sent a young woman who told me the story of the Restored Gospel. She bore her testimony of Jesus Christ and promised me that I could know for myself and have my own testimony.

Now forty-six years later I can only thank her from the bottom of my heart for introducing me to the church. Indeed I do have my own testimony. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, called to restore Christ's church to the earth. We have a prophet today who leads and guides us. I am so grateful for Latter-day scriptures that bear testimony of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God. It stands as another witness of the Savior and it's truths have touched my life in very personal ways.

I hope that my poetry reflects the growth of my testimony and my love for Jesus Christ.

Sunrise

I love the sky.  My husband Lynn and I are often found calling each other and saying "Come, look at the sky."  And often, the beauty is momentary as light and clouds and color move and combine and then it is gone!  We will run to grab a camera only to return and realize we have missed the picture. Maybe that is why it is so fascinating.  It keeps changing.

Because the school where I taught was eastward, I watched sunrises daily as I drove to work.  They affect me differently than sunsets.  They are peaceful and offer promise of the new day before us.  I find them filled with hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment